Teeth whitening done at home is a process that requires patience and dedication to achieve a stunning, brighter pearly whites. While doing your teeth whitening home remedies, bear in mind that certain factors must be avoided to get the desired results. It is also one best way of helping yourself to be disciplined when it comes to the health of your teeth.
Various Teeth Whitening Home Remedies
There are different at-home teeth whitening remedies you can choose from. These may range from strips, whitening kits and toothpastes. Even healthy foods may take part in whitening your teeth. Find out how these stuff works.
- One of the most convenient and a common part of people’s daily oral hygiene. Whitening toothpastes, gels or liquids effectively remove most surface stains with the help of gentle abrasive substances or polishing agents. With continued use, you can maintain a brighter yet natural teeth colour.
Home Teeth Whitening Strips
- The thin, virtually invisible strips are smeared with a peroxide-based teeth-whitening gel. Wear them for few minutes every day within a week or more. After few days, results can be seen right away that will last a year. Good thing that these whitening strips are easy to use.
Teeth Whitening Kits
- A bleach called carbamide peroxide is the one responsible for whitening your teeth using a home tooth-whitening kit. It can get rid of deep and surface stains while changing the natural colour of your teeth. A tooth-whitening kit may involve the application of peroxide-based gel to the teeth or a tray that moulds the teeth containing the gel. Wear the tray every day for about 45 minutes within a week.
Additional Teeth Whitening Home Remedies
- Using baking soda and a toothbrush as an old method of whitening teeth is still preferred by other people.
- Foods like apples, pears, celery and carrots help whiten your teeth through washing away food particles on your teeth. They also generate lots of saliva, which is excellent for the health of your mouth.
- Instead of chewing sweet-flavoured gums, why not change to sugarless gum? It provides a cleansing action to the tooth and generates saliva, too.
Reminders for Teeth Whitening
Since you are treating your teeth to be white, you need to be aware of the foods, drinks and other activities that may ruin your teeth whitening. Beverages such as coffee, tea, fruit juices, sports drinks and wines easily stain teeth. Thus, after drinking one of these, rinse your mouth with water or brush your teeth right away. Smoking could also hinder the whiteness of your teeth as tobacco stains penetrate the grooves of your tooth enamel. If you don’t want to acquire bad breath, gum disease and stained teeth, get rid of your smoking habits as early as possible.
First-rate Teeth Whitening in Penrith
When it comes to excellent teeth whitening, consult your trusted Penrith dentist. Here at Penrith Dental Clinic, we provide efficient teeth whitening system that solves the problem of your fading teeth whiteness so you can achieve a picture-perfect shining smile for life.
Contact us today for our FREE Dental Consultation for emergency appointments or claim our PAY NO GAP offer for General Dental Treatments if you have a health fund. Call us on (02) 4721 7771 or simply book your appointment online.