Generally, it is believed that fluoride treatments are done only for children, but actually, it is beneficial for all ages. After your initial consultation, our dentists might suggest fluoride treatment. Here is why you should not neglect it.
Benefits of Fluoride to Teeth and Gums
- Fluoride is very essential for both oral and dental hygiene. These are some of the benefits of fluoride.
- Fluoride strengthens and limits the erosion of the enamel.
- It enhances the process of remineralisation, thereby helping in rebuilding of the teeth, in areas where microscopic damage is evident.
- Fluoride ions will make the teeth stronger when they are lodged on the surface
- It speeds up the repair process in children’s teeth
- It makes the enamel and the teeth resistant to acid attacks
- Fluoride also reduces the level of acidity in the mouth, thereby preventing bacterial action
- This reduces bad breath and cavities
- Fluoride also reduces small cracks and fissures in the teeth
- Hence it is known as a fissure sealant
- It also helps in the maintenance of a natural colour in the teeth
That is why dentists recommend that you and your kids should have Fluoride Treatments at the dental clinic regularly so as to ensure that you take in a sufficient and healthy dose of this mineral.
Best Fluoride Treatments in Penrith
Penrith Dental clinic offers the best fluoride treatments at a very reasonable cost. We provide fluoride treatments for all ages and recommend that fluoride is taken on a daily basis either in the form of toothpaste or fluoridated water.
It is also suggested that you undergo fluoride treatments regularly if you have a damaged enamel or calcium deficiency. As mentioned above, this treatment has a lot of benefits and no side effects. On the whole, fluoride treatments play a great role in making your smile better.
If you have not undergone a fluoride treatment for a long time, it’s high time you did now. Call us on 02 4721 7771 or get your appointment booked online.